Please call us at 9910096454 to Book an Appointment
Every new patient receives a comprehensive examination on their first visit to our clinic, which in turn helps us customize our treatment plan to your personalized needs.
The exam begins with a face to face chat, which gives our dentists a chance to get to know you as a person, as well as gives you an opportunity to inform us of your needs and expectations from our clinic. This is followed by an in depth review of your medical history and any current medications that you may be on. At this time we also like to hear about your past dental experiences, as this guides us in taking steps that ensure your comfort in the dental chair.
The clinical exam begins with a pre-cancer screening, inclusive of a detailed examination of the lymph nodes, musculature, and joints of the head and neck area, and an intra-oral examination of all the soft and hard tissues of the mouth. All clinical findings are noted, and any areas requiring further investigation are examined through digital radiography. Intra-oral pictures are taken to help educate you about relevant findings in your mouth. The appointment culminates with us educating you about your oral health status, our clinical findings, and our proposed, customized treatment plan for you. All possible options are discussed, leaving you well informed to make an educated decision about the course of your future treatment.
Dr. Rita Sikka's clinic is equipped with a CSN digital radiography machine, which is a computerized imaging system that uses an electronic sensor. Digital radiography has several benefits over conventional film radiography:
1. health benefit: require 90% less x-rays to expose the sensor
2. technical benefits: instant visualization, improved clarity and definition along with the ability to enhance images through special image processing techniques
3. environmentally friendly: no hazardous chemicals required for film processing
4. accessible: soft copies may easily be sent and received from one dental office to another
5. efficient: no extended waiting period for films to be processed especially if the image needs to be repeated.